Sign up for health insurance today! SHOP OUR PLANS
Pack Your Bag for the Hospital
Let’s get you ready for the big day. Remember to pack these items around your 33rd week, and know where they are in your home or car.
- Insurance card
- Extra underwear
- Nursing bra and nursing pads
- Loose clothes to wear home
- Slippers or warm socks (nonslip)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Lip balm
- Headband/wrap or ponytail holder
- Bath towel
- Contacts or glasses
- Cell phone and charger
- Baby blanket
- Diaper bag
- Baby wipes
- Onesie or undershirt
- Baby keepsake book
- Outfit for photos
If your doctor recommends an induction or C-section before 39 weeks…
Ask lots of questions. Make sure you understand why you are delivering your baby early.
Common medical reasons for an early delivery:
- You have health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, or preeclampsia. Or other problems with your heart, lungs, or kidneys. Check out Your Guide to Pregnancy to learn more.
- Your placenta is separating from your uterus. Or you have an infection in your uterus. These put the baby at a higher risk of growth problems or stillbirth.
- Your water breaks before labor begins. This puts you and your baby at risk for infections, complications with brain and lung development, miscarriage, or stillbirth.
- You have Rh disease. This causes problems with your baby's blood.
- Your baby has stopped growing or doesn't have enough amniotic fluid. This can lead to birth defects, problems during labor, miscarriage, or stillbirth.